Real Kids Real Food 7-8 Club
Saturdays January 30 to April 3 2021
Healthy Lifestyle and Fun Recipes
1. What is Real Food? – Applesauce (pg. 49)
– Processed vs Plant-Based
– Conventional, Organic and GMO
– Preparation for planting
2. Planting and Sprouting – Guacamole (lesson plan pg. 10)
– A Life Cycle of a Plant (lesson plan pg. 55-60)
– Planting your seeds
3. Eating a Rainbow – Sweet Potato Corn Chowder (pg. 32)
– Importance of “eating rainbow”: Food colors and shapes
– God’s pharmacy
– Planting and sprouting
4. Eating Local and Seasonal – Brownies (pg. 50)
– What does it mean to eat local and seasonal food?
– What are farmer’s markets?
– What foods are in season in winter, spring, summer, and fall?
– Why eat local and seasonal?
5. Sugar Shock- Carob Mousse and Banana (lesson plan pg. 38)
– What is sugar?
– What is the most sugar one should have in a day?
– What can sugar cause?
– What are good and bad examples of sugar?
– What happens when you have too much sugar?
– “What’s your favorite drink?” activity
6. Obesity prevention – Carrot, Sweet Potato with Spinach Soup (pg. 34)
– How many children are obese in the US and worldwide?
– How many children live in households unable to consistently
– How can we change this?
7. How To De-Stress? – “Fruit art smoothie” – use 4 different fruits
you find in a store that you like! (lesson plan pg. 34)
– What is stress?
– Recognizing stressful situations: scenarios – are the people in
– What is stressful for you?
– What are the effects of too much stress?
– What is the effect of what you eat on stress?
– How to relieve stress?: Healthy and real foods, Sleep habits,
Meditation/mindfulness, Exercise, Talking it out, Creating and
8. Good, Bad, and ugly Fat – Almond Butter Banana Ice Cream (pg 47)
– What is fat and why do we need fat?
– What can high intake of fat cause?
– What are arteries and veins? What do they look like? What is
their function? (clogged arteries)
– What is cholesterol?
– What are some good and bad fat examples? (find them in your
9. Fabolous fiber- Ants on A Log (pg 44) and Kale Avocado Salad (pg 24)
– What is fiber?
– Why is fiber important? What is the function of fiber?
– In which foods can we find fiber?
10. Review and Reflections – Living Healthy in the real world – Raisin
Walnut Truffles (pg 34 )
– Go over the lesson topics
– Play review game with lesson information
– Reflection Questions
– Choose prizes
Register Here (7-8 Club)